Concinna Mallee Burl Cigar.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kkwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkwall

Hi ALl,

Made my first pen from the blanks I purchased from Youngturner.

I am happy with the finished pen. Finish is CA/BLO, may need to try something different, as it took around 5 coats of medium CA to cover!

Also I have done another acrylic.[}:)] I haven't been colouring the tubes, or inside of the blanks? Is this something I need to start doing?? Or only on light coloured blanks?? Or is it persoanl taste, and depending on the effect required?? Or am I answering my own questions??? I'll stop rambling![:I][:eek:)]:D

200761312233_concinna%20mallee%20burl%20cigar%203.jpg

2007613122318_concinna%20mallee%20burl%20cigar.jpg

2007613122340_gold%20acrylic%20fountain%204.jpg

2007613122357_gold%20acrylic%20fountain%202.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

good looking pens Kenny,

On the Mallee pens I have done they seemed to soak up a lot of the CA on me too.

Painting the tubes or inside of blanks is a personal choice. There are a number of threads on which is better. The reason to do it is to hide the tubes and enhance the material. On some kits the thin amount of material left over is so see through that the brass ruins the look of the acrylic, PR or whatever the material is.

kkwall

Thanks everyone.

Airrat - I have some lighter colours to turn, and I need to colour the blanks on those, as they will be very obvious if I dont. Will start to look at colouring options, and read some of the penturning threads.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom