Composite Deck Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
A friend of mine builds decks & other stuff . I wagered him that I could make a pen out of this stuff . He cut some blanks & here it is . I wasn't sure so I used a Gold Cigar kit from PSI , I was using for corncob pens . I decided to use CA/BLO MM all the way , then tripoli & white diamond . Got a little carried away on the buffer , but it has a glass finish in places !! [:eek:)] I win the wager though ! Please tell me what you think ! Thanks

200851543952_IMG_0100.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

It goes to show what you can do when you put your mind to it. Looks great. I like the unique and unusual. I made one for a builder friend of mine for christmas out of scrap 3/4 plywood. Made it as a joke to start with. He had a fit over it. Have made 4 more for him since. At least the blanks were cheap.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by reddwil

It goes to show what you can do when you put your mind to it. Looks great. I like the unique and unusual. I made one for a builder friend of mine for christmas out of scrap 3/4 plywood. Made it as a joke to start with. He had a fit over it. Have made 4 more for him since. At least the blanks were cheap.
Inspired by all the members here ! Thanks , one 3/4 plywood blank coming soon ! [8D]

bitshird

Originally posted by PaulDoug

Originally posted by tmhawk

That is very cool looking. Cigar kit on a cigar looking blank. Very nice.

Hummm taking a cigar, stablizing it and turning it on a cigar kit......
That was tried several months ago, I believe there was a problem getting full penetration, who ever it was was trying to stabilize or cast in resin a Cohiba label cigar, it looked ok except for a few light and dark spots.

toolcrazy

Hey, looks great. I did one of those a long time ago. Trex decking in what my parents used to replace their old decking. I made them 2 pens to match.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by toolcrazy

Hey, looks great. I did one of those a long time ago. Trex decking in what my parents used to replace their old decking. I made them 2 pens to match.
I didn't think I thought of something original ! [:eek:)] Thanks Steve ! [8D]

Top Bottom