Completed Segemented Twist Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darrylm

darrylm

as I last posted, I had been working on this segmented twist fountain pen. the segmented portion of the pen includes 114 individual segments of maple, jatoba and walnut.

as I tried to turn the matching cap, I had a blow out. I attempted to simply add a piece of ebony to both ends of the blow out to fix that issue, but that just didn't work out. so I made a cap of solid ebony.

here's the completed pen:
tn_segmentedtwist05.jpg

honestly... I don't like it.[xx(]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

I think it looks great.

If you really don't like it, send it to me! [:p] I will take care of it, so you don't have to look at it any more.

I would be proud to have it in my collection.:D

Nice work.

Tim

airrat

Nice match up I like it. You can always send it my way. :D

Remember something you don't like someone will. I had 3 pens recently that I hated, I could not stand to even show them. I gave them to my mom and she sold them in one night. People can tell when you are not happy with one.

GaryMGg

Darryl,
I'd have liked to see a jet-black ebony upper barrel but I like how the finished pen looks.
I know you're less than satisfied with the pen. However, concentrate on the positive -- all you learned, how well that which worked out did work out, and the new ideas it's given you for future endeavors. Plus, because LOYL likes it, you have to make another one for yourself! [:p]:D;)

darrylm

ok fellas, point taken, I'll loose the elephant in future pics!

thanks for the compliments.

Gary, I like that advice. focus on the positive. now I'll get to work on that next pen.

darrylm

it's a regular fountain pen.
the twist part is my refernce to the look of the segments as they twist around the pen.

Top Bottom