Commissioner is a BIG boy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bpgoldo

bpgoldo

This is my first shot at a "Commissioner-Master pen" kit from Wood Pen Pro's. Good price on the kit. Nice parts. All went together like it was meant to. Nice design for a very substantial writing instrument. Clean and classy. The blank is an Australian Silky Oak burl - Bit O' Timber from our friend George. Couldn't leave perfect alone so I added the bands of gold web tru-stone with a little detail around it. Very pleased with the kit and the final presentation. Just tryin' to keep up with y'all . Thanks for looking and all your kind words.

Attachments

• COMMISSIONER-SILENT TOTEM 2 - - 98.9kb.jpg
    COMMISSIONER-SILENT TOTEM 2 - - 98.9kb.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 306
  • COMMISIONER-SILENT TOTEM 3 - 102kb.jpg
    COMMISIONER-SILENT TOTEM 3 - 102kb.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 306
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

This is my first shot at a "Commissioner-Master pen" kit from Wood Pen Pro's. Good price on the kit. Nice parts. All went together like it was meant to. Nice design for a very substantial writing instrument. Clean and classy. The blank is an Australian Silky Oak burl - Bit O' Timber from our friend George. Couldn't leave perfect alone so I added the bands of gold web tru-stone with a little detail around it. Very pleased with the kit and the final presentation. Just tryin' to keep up with y'all . Thanks for looking and all your kind words.

Wow mate, that blank came out stunning.

Interestingly, you got the only blanks I had left from a very small amount to start with from that Silky Oak burled piece that is a rare thing to find, I haven't seen any of your pens where the "ring's" would spoil the pen look, by the contrary, I forces one to look at it twice, 3 times, etc, etc.

Great stuff, congrats.

Cheers
George

bpgoldo

George, I have always counted my blessings that our paths crossed here on this site. You have now "upped the ante" with these four blanks that came in my last batch from you. We added it to balance out the costs as an after thought. The Silky Oak looked interesting from the photo....and even better raw in my hands before turning, but ohhhh mama did it present everything I always hope for when the chips start flying. Color, depth, texture, 3 dimensions of detail ! ! ! Folks who pick the pen up take a while before putting it down. It just talks to you. My sincere thanks to you....oh yeah, and my best to the tree.

D.Oliver

I turn between centers on a cabratec lathe with a M1 drive center. The first time I went to turn that kit I realized that it wasn't going to work because my drive center would completely fit inside the tube on the pen. Had to make wood inserts to make everything work.

bpgoldo

Derek, I concur about the size. The tube for the cap was HUGE! I almost didn't have enough wood on the blank to get a clean round. I did have to buy the drill bit from Wood Pen Pro's to process it. Specialty sizes and all. Worth it. Bit of a challenge, and the first time I encountered that problem.....which lead to the title of this thread. This pen IS a big big boy. Thanks so much for your contribution here. Greatly appreciated.

Jim Smith

I really like the bands of Trustone you added. I will have to give that a try with some of my more plain blanks to give them a bit more zing. Nice job!

Jim Smith

Top Bottom