Commissioned work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ohiococonut

ohiococonut

About a month ago a gentleman (from another state) bought a pen of mine and was so delighted with it he bought another for a friend. About a week ago he PM'd me (on another forum) and asked me if I would be interested in a project for him. It involved making a set of 1911 grip panels, a set of knife scales and a matching pen. I said sure because I'd done this kind of work in the past and asked him what he had in mind. He asked me if I'd heard of Amboyna :eek: Apparently he doesn't want to use any of these things he just wants to show off and liked the looks of the wood. We ended up on the phone for about a half hour going over exactly what he wanted. Unfortunately he wasn't that particular about the pen even though his choice came out pretty well. I decided to include a pencil (without his knowledge) and I'm just waiting for his grip panels and the knife to arrive. Anyway I thought I show the set I made for him after purchasing all of the wood I needed.

I'm not working on my photographic skills even though I laid a piece of linen down on my shop bench. Hey, that's gotta count for something :biggrin: I've got lots of light to work by but it doesn't work very well for pictures and the color is much more orange than what's shown. I'll post another picture of the pens I made for my brothers with the same Amboyna that shows the color much better.
Comments are always welcome.

PWPens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

I like them both. I haven't tried a pencil sierra yet. It is on my list of, one of these days. Its always cool to be asked to do special projects like that. The set looks really nice. I am sure he will be pleased.

BSea

Nice pens, but how about the grips & knife? :wink:

I do 1911 grips from time to time. I even have a set of amboyna (although I didn't make them).

Top Bottom