Commissioned Pens with logo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Si90

Si90

Here is one that I have been working on for an eternity. It has took me until this 6th incarnation/process of it to get the finish I wanted. Carbon fibre blank with Corian for the orange and white vinyl for the logo then cast and and fitted up to a Jnr Gent in gun metal.

As always, thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Freethinker

Looks like all that perseverance paid off.

Excellent fit and finish. I'm not usually a big fan of orange, but this one is terrific.

plano_harry

Simon, amazing work as always! Care to share your process of combining the corian and the carbon fiber for a perfect joint? Also, is the logo right side up when writing, or when the cap is on?

Your photography is as amazing as your pens! Firat class all the way.

Thanks,
Harry

Si90

Simon, amazing work as always! Care to share your process of combining the corian and the carbon fiber for a perfect joint? Also, is the logo right side up when writing, or when the cap is on?

Your photography is as amazing as your pens! Firat class all the way.

Thanks,
Harry

Hi Harry, thanks for the question. The method I arrived at took me a while to get too. I use carbon fibre sleeve on the tube. I slide it on and tie the ends up then flood it with super thin CA 2 or 3 times allowing it to fully dry overnight between applications. Then trim and square up the ends. I then wet and dry the CF until its almost smooth and give it a good wash. Next, I turned off a section back down to the brass and glued on a section of the orange corian which had the inside painted. Once that was dry I carefully turned down the corian level with the CF and polished it up. The vinyl decal went on next, a couple of coats of CA over the vinyl and corian and then that was polished up. Finally, cast and turned the blank as you would normally.

The logo is the correct way round when you are writing with the pen.

You can't get a more simple solution to my Photography. I shoot all my pens on my patio table with a simple Lumix compact point and shoot camera with only the sun for lighting. I have to wait for an overcast day so that I don't get harsh shadows but in the UK that happens fairly frequently :biggrin: I would be surprised if it takes me more than 4 or 5 minutes per pen.

Top Bottom