Commissioned pen for Mr. Anonymous...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from robutacion

robutacion

Hi peoples

As most of you know, when Mr. Anonymous decided to give Merissa and I a hand, I was also commissioned to make a pen from a blanks selected
by Merissa and put on a Majestic Jr. 22kt gold ballpoint kit.

For a while I contemplated to create a unique cast blanks that, I never did before and not would do again however, the idea I had in my mind didn't work after 3 attempts (materials didn't work together...!:mad:) so, I went back to a blank already made/existent and work on it.

Was a blank that I made into a sample a year ago or so, I did shown it here and endup creating a wood species identification question game with the getting 4 blanks from the same batch, here

This blank caught my eye when I was processing this old wood log, or what was left of it, I made a few blanks from it and while all very pretty blanks, none compared with this one. My wife Merissa, when she saw the sample done, she wanted it, there is, she wanted me to make a pen for her, with that blank.

She has many pens made by me so, I knew that, she liked it but, she was not short of pens nor I had a decent kit for it so, I said to her that I would put it a side for one day. Interestingly, this sample has stood hanging by a nail, together with another 50 or so samples all nailed to one of the workshop roof wood beams, that is of easy breach.

When I gave up of trying to make a blank that just didn't seem to be possible to be done, and decided on the already made blank, I thought of Mr. Anonymous request to have Merissa to pic the blank, I discuss the issue with her and in no time, she mentioned that blank in the sample that she wanted, she said that she would be happy to let Mr. Anonymous have it, after all the concern and help he shown towards her so, was no difficult decision...!

I finished the pen yesterday, and while not perfect, I accepted what the wood had to give me, good or bad, I only decided to add a small/narrow ring on the top barrel with some very tiny round imitation golden balls, not because it was absolutely necessary but because, I wanted to add something else to it.

The pen will be posted tomorrow so, I hope that Mr. Anonymous likes it and that you folks think that, the blank is worth the kit I dressed it on...!

Thank you...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 262
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 241
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

Man, you are one talented guy! That is a stunning pen and I am certain Mr. A will appreciate the sentiment behind it since that is what makes it special.

Great job George!

robutacion

Thanks everyone,

I was hoping that the extra ring wouldn't spoil the blank/pen, and while not the easiest things to do, (very tiny, glued one by one in the groove), I was also pleased the way it come out.

I'm glad you guys, seem to like it, also...!:biggrin:

Thank you,

Cheers
George

Top Bottom