Commissioned Fountain Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Lar

Old Lar

I had a call before Christmas to make stone fountain pens from a lady in town that collects fountain pens. She had seen my work at a local bookstore that sells pens and pictures for me. (a collector, I thought, I have arrived)

When she picked up the first pens, I was able to show her some others that I had made. She ordered 8 more fountain pens and more if I find unusual stone or other material.

The first is a Cottonwood Jr Gent II; the second is Alaska Soapstone I bought in Alaska this summer on a Chrome Vail; the third is African Wonderstone on a Black Ti Vail; the fourth is Italian Green Soapstone on a Black Ti Vail. The last is my first try at a closed end pen. It is lace redwood on a gold Vail.

Thanks to Ernie for the pens and the great service and Chris (craftdiggity) for the Wonderstone and Italian soapstone. Comments and criticism welcome.

Attachments

• 383 Cottonwood FP-sm.jpg
    383 Cottonwood FP-sm.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 384 Alaskan Soapstone -sm.jpg
    384 Alaskan Soapstone -sm.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 269
  • 418B African Wonderstone=sm.jpg
    418B African Wonderstone=sm.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 419 Green Italian Soapstone-sm.jpg
    419 Green Italian Soapstone-sm.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 423 Lace Redwood (2)sm.jpg
    423 Lace Redwood (2)sm.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 237
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Beautiful Set of Pens!! Were the Alaskan and Italian Soapstone hard to turn?
That's also absolutely beautiful closed ended pen. Incredible for your first try at a closed ended! Great job. Thanks for showing! Regards, Doc

SDB777

Sounds like the book store was a great place to show your pens! Glad it's working out so well for you!!!!

The pens look awesome, she'll be proud to have them added to her collection. Did you get to see the collection by chance?

Scott (big thumbs up to you) B

Old Lar

Thanks,
Soapstone is very easy to turn but difficult to drill. Use a very light touch and sharp tools. I used a CA finish on these as they scratch with a fingernail without some kind of finish.

The bookstore has done a great job for me, not only with sales but some orders as well. My challenge is to keep coming up with new different things. I am not very creative, but I can copy really well. I will always give credit where credit is due. Thanks to the IAP members for posting great pens.

Top Bottom