Commissioned custom calligraphy pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

This is one of two separate commissions for one of these calligraphy pens using a Rotring section with a 1.1mm nib. The pen is about 8" long without the cap.
Currently making another from yew but I've managed to blow the cap out twice:at-wits-end:
C&C's welcome.

IMG_0472.JPGIMG_0470.JPGIMG_0473.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I love dark green!!:biggrin:
That pen looks nice and lightweight and very comfortable to hold with the Rotring grip section. Can the nibs be changed on those? Very nice!!

Twissy

I love dark green!!:biggrin:
That pen looks nice and lightweight and very comfortable to hold with the Rotring grip section. Can the nibs be changed on those? Very nice!!

Thanks Steven.
The nibs and feed do pull out, but I've not managed to find just the nib yet. The complete section is only £10 in a few different widths. The other one I'm doing is 2.3mm!
John

John Den

Hello John
Brilliant pen!
Where did you get the section?
I'm trying to improve my shocking writing now I've started Kitless FP's
Regards John

Last edited:

Twissy

Thanks John!
I got the section from Cult Pens HERE In fact they're from your neck of the woods....Tiverton!
With your threading skills :tongue: you'll be able to tell me exactly what the thread is!! I use a 3/8 x 40tpi tap and chase the threads on the section.

Regards
John

John Den

Great Mate,
Many thanks for the information.
I've ordered a 1.5mm section just now!
I'll let you know how I get on defining the thread and making a tap.
I'll be a little while starting as LOML has reminded me of a promised FP & Biro set for the brother-in-laws 50th!!!!
Regards,
John

John Den

Hello again John,
......you'll be able to tell me exactly what the thread is!! I use a 3/8 x 40tpi tap and chase the threads on the section.
I received mine in the post this morning you were right about it being 40 t.p.i. (but you didn't say anything about it being a double start!)
The OD measures 0.366" and I have the feeling the thread form is more 56 deg. than 60 deg.
I'm at the "thinking about it" stage. A 2 start tap is obviously preferable as it would enable "no problem" changing nib sizes with the same pen.
I'll let you know which way I go soon.
Regards,
John

Top Bottom