Commissioned Buckeye Burl P&P Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Modified SL, BEB CB, polished w/MM, no finish except Ren Wax.
20051010163021_SLmod_buckeye_burl_set.jpg

Thanks for taking time to look and comments are always welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Wow! What a great piece of wood AND pen turning!! What did you use for the black on the center band? I like the use of the 3 different surfaces. Might need to get Mike to look at modifiying(sp?) some slimlines. Great job!!! Thanks for sharing!

BEB is a beautiful wood and you never know what you are going to end up with. It always reminds me of the pics from space looking back down at the big blue marble. Great job on the p&p

M

Mudder

Very nice set,

I like the Buckeye burl that I got from Dario. In fact, the pen I sent to the pen contest was made from it.

alamocdc

Thanks, everyone! Connie, believe it or not, the black is from a snuff can. [:D] I would not have used it except I cut the upper blank on the pencil about 1/16" too short and overall length on the pencils is pretty critical. [:(] I still choose to do these the hard way rather than using a single piece tube. The press-in gold CB is embedded under the BEB CB. Jim, these pieces came from a grab bag from Woodturningz and were commercially stabilized. I'll be posting another Buckeye set shortly that I stabilized with plexi.

Edited for clarity (I hope).

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Thanks, everyone! Connie, BION, the black is from a snuff can. [:D] I would not have used it except I cut the upper blank on the pencil about 1/16" too short and overall length on the pencils is pretty critical. [:(] I still choose to do these the hard way rather than using a single piece tube. The press in gold CB is embedded under the BEB CB. Jim, these pieces came from a grab bag from Woodturningz and were commercially stabilized. I'll be posting another Buckeye set shortly that I stabilized with plexi.
I don't have the foggiest idea what you said, but I sure like the way they turned out![:D]

dubdrvrkev

Looking good Billy! I'll agree with Anthony, design and materials are top notch.
I really like the Buckeye Burl, so much that I have one in the works right now [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom