Coming up for air...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SuperDave

SuperDave

... been pushing for an upcoming show in 12 days...

Here is a Statesman Rhodium and 22K Fountain Pen... one of several waiting for photographs...

stinking dust gets all over the pen and glass... then really shows up in the pictures....[B)] Gotta find a way to minimize the static attraction[}:)]

200812885047_Fountain%20Pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SuperDave

Originally posted by pipeyeti

What blank is that and did you paint the tube? Great looking pen.

Larry,

I think it was Gold and Black Swirl from WC. No, I left the tube alone because of the pearl-essence of the Gold/Yellow acrylic... I figured the brass would enhance the color and maximize the pearl-essence... and it did seem to do just that. The pen really glows more than I could capture with the photograph.

Thanks!

toolcrazy

Great looking pen.

The dust can be minimized by using a antistatic spray. Mike at MLK woodworking has Novus that works pretty well.

pbrinegar

Originally posted by SuperDave

Here is a Statesman Rhodium and 22K Fountain Pen... one of several waiting for photographs...

stinking dust gets all over the pen and glass... then really shows up in the pictures....[B)] Gotta find a way to minimize the static attraction[}:)]

Have you tried a good wipedown with one of those anti-static dryer sheets just prior to photographing the pen? I think that would probably take care of your issues with static and dust.

SuperDave

Originally posted by pbrinegar

Originally posted by SuperDave

Have you tried a good wipedown with one of those anti-static dryer sheets just prior to photographing the pen? I think that would probably take care of your issues with static and dust.

Paul,

I will try one that has been used (I think the residue from a fresh one would be left on the pen) and see how it works. Thanks for the tip.

Have tried the wife's "special" dust rags but to no avail. These darn Acrylic pens, I swear you can hold them up in any room in the house an watch a dust vortex develop[}:)]

karlkuehn

Banned
Very nice looking pen! I really like that blank, and you did a great job turning it! :D

I know what you mean about the dust. I have more problems with that. My favorite thing is when I get the pen set up, then just before I take a picture I blow everything off and end up spitting all over the place. That makes a real nice picture...[xx(]

SuperDave

Originally posted by CaptG

Very nice looking pen, Dave. Is that the nib that came with the kit? Or an aftermarket white gold nib?

Gary,

It's just the kit Nib... can't pony up the $$$ for the good aftermarket ones... yet:D

Gary... you realize it's all your fault that I'm into these Fountain Pens... I got the bug after you sent me that gorgeous pen in the trade...;)

bitshird

Nice looking Statesman, I like the colors they go well with that kit. Photography is good to, tough luck with the dust, it gets ne nearly every time [B)]

SuperDave

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Very nice looking pen! I really like that blank, and you did a great job turning it! :D

...My favorite thing is when I get the pen set up, then just before I take a picture I blow everything off and end up spitting all over the place. That makes a real nice picture...[xx(]

Been there --- done that:D

I have this little bladder squeeze thingie from my FILs old Canon SLR and use that to "blow" the dust away... then it re-settles around the pen... just in time for the picture:(

Top Bottom