Coming attractions???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
200661155011_Euro2net.jpg

These are a few of the blanks I have gotten from Europe for evaluation. I suspect that I will be importing all of these, so I would be interested in feedback. Best guess is pricing will be about $3. ea and they are 15-20 mm squares (about 5/8-3/4")

What do Y'all think??

The patterns are not real obvious, but, as you all know, we pour PR, these patterns are not readily repeatable in your kitchen and the material is much harder than PR-they are calling it polyester. It does NOT shatter, but you DO need sharp tools to get anywhere with it.

NONE of these had painted tubes and you CANNOT see through the white, which is really pretty (pearly pattern does not show up on pic-I am a pen maker, not a photographer!!!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Gerry,

The one on the left is a mixture of steel blue and black, with black TN fittings. It is unique! I think it will sell well to "guys" looking for a "guy pen". Not a color I have seen before. Also a real bitc(biscuit) to photograph!!!

JimGo

Hard to tell from the pics Ed. If you send me some, though, I'll be happy to let you know what I think! [:D]

At $3 a blank, that's a little pricey, but if it meant I didn't have to cast PR to get a similar blank, and if I needed/wanted something that looked like those, I'd be tempted.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
JimGo,
YOU have now become my "special case" guy. Being smarter than the average turner, you are going to convince the buyer that seeing the tube is a GOOD THING (as Martha would say).

If you can sell that line, you don't NEED good pens!!!!!

(Seriously, this material is very different from homebrew-it does NOT shatter-I leaned into it with a 1/2 sharp gouge- it fought back.) And, the patterns are pretty neat (not killer great). I won't have a ton, but I think I will get some to try for MY shows and see what happens.

Thanks for your feedback, as you can see, I really don't know what I am going to do yet![B)][B)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Will ya'all please turn up the brightness on your monitors???!!! Them pens has pearlys!!! (Subtle tho they are, there are pearlys)

But I appreciate the feedback, my order is shrinking as y'all speak!!!!
(This, of course, will positively effect the US balance of payments in a BIG way!!!)[:0][:0][:0][:0]

Scott

Hi Ed!

They are very nice! I like the green and white the best. The white could be a real good seller for you from what I could see. When you're ready to release these to the market, I would like to try a couple of white ones to see how they "turn out"!

Scott.

angboy

OK Ed, here's my opinion- I think you need to stop bringing all these things into the US! It's causing me a significant amount of distress [:0] as I keep finding more blanks (many coming from the Racine area for some reason...) that I want to try! It gets overwhelming! (You know it's a bad sign when someone's e-mail address (someone who shall remain nameless but who MAY have started this thread!) shows up in the top position on your drop down menu on paypal of people to send money too!) [:)][:)]

But seriously, they look quite pearly on my monitor (good thing I asked for that pearliness feature when I bought it! [;)]) and you know I'll be in line to buy some of each color. I'd probably even get a red one, even though I don't like the color red (but living in Nebraska, red is very popular, so I have to at least pretend to like it!). But I really like the blue and the green... and the white... hhhmmmm... and for red, the red's actually a pretty red! [:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks to everyone. Just finishing up my order, should be shipped next week, have product about the 20th-ish. Based on responses, I probably won't have a lot of any ONE, but will probably try quite a few colors.

Thanks again, and feel free to continue comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom