Comfort Black TN in Nebula Mists

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EarlD

EarlD

All pens don't always go as we want. While pressing the tip into the lower barrel something slipped and...a chip fell out. Sorry I didn't check the focus before continuing:
P1030128Pen088ComfortBlackTNinNebulaMistsPRSmall.jpg

I'd never used the black grip that comes with the Comfort pens, but thought this might be the time. At least I have an everyday pen for myself - I'd never sell or gift this pen.

The tubes were painted black and the pen was turned to 12000 mm. I then used a "Micro Finish" (I think).

The Black TN looks great with the Nebula Mists from Exotic - imho. As always, suggestions for improvements are appreciated.
Earl

P1030139Pen088ComfortBlackTNinNebulaMistsPRSmall.jpg

P1030131Pen088ComfortBlackTNinNebulaMistsPRSmall.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

corian king

Hello sorry about the mishap but things do happen.
I think you saved it just fine and actually you might find someone that would like it
It still looks nice.
JIM

crabcreekind

I am wondering why you wouldnt sell that pen, it looks great. or is it you just dont like the grip, i had to order some comfort pen kits because people that use my pens everyday they say they want a gripy thing to be more comfortable.

EarlD

I am wondering why you wouldnt sell that pen, it looks great. or is it you just dont like the grip, i had to order some comfort pen kits because people that use my pens everyday they say they want a gripy thing to be more comfortable.

When the parts slipped in the press it cracked the Poly AND chipped a little off the brass tube. It's visible if you pull the rubber tip back. I just wouldn't want anyone else to have a piece I made that has a defect like that even if it's fairly well hidden. I'll still enjoy using it myself.

Earl

toolcrazy

Nothing wrong with that pen. And a customer wouldn't care about the chip in the brass. I have found that older folks like the larger rubber pens. They find it easier to hang on to.

Very nice pen, BTW!

G1Pens

I would sell that pen in a heartbeat. It looks great and many people like the comfort grip. Don't assume anything when it comes to selling your pens. People will surprise you !!

Top Bottom