Combustion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Finished this one this afternoon. Black Ti Zen (my last one :frown:) with one of my home cast blanks. This blank is a modified cast of my "look at my creation" pen. This was much easier to make and looks very close. I reverse painted the blank black to really get it to pop. Finish is MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. As always thanks for looking and for any comments made!

100_2913582x700.jpg
100_2918642x700.jpg
100_2936602x700.jpg

Here's a closeup:

100_2915688x700.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EarlD

That is stunning, Jonathan. Looks like suspended flames. Of course, the fabulous finish and photos help.
Earl

seamus7227

Hey whoa whoa whoa, is that the blank that I think it is?! That looks way better than I imagined when you were describing it on the phone. SUPERB work Jonathon!

Brooks803

Hey whoa whoa whoa, is that the blank that I think it is?! That looks way better than I imagined when you were describing it on the phone. SUPERB work Jonathon!

Lol...sure is buddy. To think...you could have had it for that special pen we were talking about :tongue: Btw...I still have 4 days to get it done! Plenty of time to pull a rabbit out of my...um..."hat" :bulgy-eyes:

PenPal

Hi Johnathon,

Two things i know very little about this kit and casting blanks however I was blessed with enough judgement to know and appreciate beautiful things so I have jumped the fence and am here to say you are gifted man with excellent taste in your castings.

Heaven must be full of excitement and beauty and your work helps prepare us with your samples of beauty either way thanks for your humility and pics admire both.

Kind regards Peter.

Fatdawg

That is one hot lookin pen Jonathan. Great job!! I'd love to score some of those blanks for my brothers and sisters in the Fire Department with me.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Well geez, Jonathan - you owe me a new Macbook... I will never get all the drool off mine.

You have a ton a beautiful stuff, but I think this is the best I've ever seen from you!!

Brooks803

Well geez, Jonathan - you owe me a new Macbook... I will never get all the drool off mine.

You have a ton a beautiful stuff, but I think this is the best I've ever seen from you!!

Sorry about that Dean, I'll forward you my insurance info. I decided to buy a policy that covers keyboards, monitors, and falls from computer chairs for that very reason :wink::tongue::biggrin:

Btw: Thanks!

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Nice pen. I've heard the term "reverse painting" twice now. What exactly does it mean?

Joel,
It means painting the inside of the blank after you drill it. This hides the tube and the glue lines if it is a transparent blank when you get it turned that thin.

Top Bottom