Colored pencil pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dennis22

Dennis22

I glued a bunch of colored pencils together and this was the result.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 377
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glenspens

just got me some pencils today been looking for some that were not round but have the sides like the old pencils now just need to work on them. how deep die you stack them?

lyonsacc

I've thought about doing this since someone posted the pic of the ring they made a few weeks ago. We have 3 elementary school aged kids, so we have LOTS of half used colored pencils!

OZturner

A very Colourful Blank, Dennis.
Also, Too Fat around the Girth for me, (due to the way I am built, I am very concious about girths)
Mind you I think standing on my head to view the photograph, didn't make me feel too comfortable either.
It is too pretty, and deserves to have a happier life. Can you turn a bit more off the Blank?
Brian.

Jim Smith

I tried to make one of the blanks from colored pencils and it is not as easy as it looks. I found that the lead slips out of the pencils very easily once you've cut them to size and the soft wood of the pencils tends to chips away very easily. All that's to say, nice job!

Jim Smith

JohnU

I seen a member make a few of these a few years ago. They are very eye catching and not as easy to make as they look. I just finished, three days ago, making 7 of them for my son's teachers and like stated above, the colored lead likes to fly out while turning. I cast mine in alumilite but I'm wondering if they would work better if stabilized in cactus juice after being cast.

Here's the one from 2010...http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/few-special-casts-61888/

Last edited:
Top Bottom