Color Testing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ed McDonnell

Ed McDonnell

There is something about this pattern that I really like. I generally limit myself to one or two of any design, but there's just something about this design that keeps me coming back. Especially when I want to try out new colors / inlay material. As a bonus, people really seem to like them as gifts, so they don't go to waste.

The base resin is a dark midnight blue. The top pen is inlayed with pearlescent jade and the bottom pen with pearlescent turquoise. The pens are 5-1/8" long when capped and weigh 1.3oz (38g). Nice and light for carrying in a pocket.

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

Those are awesome! How do you create the patterns?

How do I create the patterns? I won't bore you with the part about how I dream them up, do the artwork and then get them ready for making in the real world. I'm guessing you really want to know what tool / technique I used to actually made the pens.

If you use the forum search (up above in the blue bar) and use the bottom search box (IAP Site Search) with the search term DOL you will find posts that I've made in the past about the Digital Ornamental Lathe ("DOL") that I built a couple years ago. That should explain things.

You can also search for "CCC" for some additional info that would be relevant.

Ed

OOPS

I can certainly see why you're hooked on these! They are beautiful. Personally, I prefer the lower pen, as the brighter green offers more contrast. However, both are elegant, classy pens. Thanks for showing these fine efforts.

Top Bottom