Color And Name

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MIKL

MIKL

well i thought this was a pen that was never going to play Ball-Point
biggrin.gif

had a major blow towards the front of the bottom barrel, i decided to put it back on the lathe and see how far down i had to go.

as you can see i had to make the front barrel dramatically thinner than i would normally have it, surprisingly it still looks quite good and feels OK in the hand

it is for a friend who is very excitable, hence NOISY CHRISY

it is very hard to line up letters on opposite sides of the tubes, i have learnt a couple of lessons

i painted it black, then rubbed it off allowed it to dry and repainted with metallic red (i think its PINK)

C&C Welcome

MIK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Mik.
Looks great, the "Pink" I thought may have been some diluted blood that you spilled.

You are really onto a winner with these Named - Armored Pens.

Hope you don't find someone with one of those hyphenated names, you might have to use 4 sides of the Blank.

As usual your professionalism is applied.

Congratulations yet again,
Brian.

MIKL

Mik.
Looks great, the "Pink" I thought may have been some diluted blood that you spilled.

Hope you don't find someone with one of those hyphenated names, you might have to use 4 sides of the Blank.

Brian.

thanks Brian, i am sure sooner or later someone will want an Anthony and wont accept Tony, but when it all comes down to it if 6 letters is all that will fit,,,, then 6 letters IS all that will fit:wink:

the pink actually came out pretty good, all the ladies in my house like the color, i am only disappointed that there is no real metallic red, i will have to look at normal paints to see what i can find

great job on the lining up the letters. do you use stamps to emboss the letters?

Pitoon

thanks Pitoon, they lined up pretty well just getting the letters to sit straight as well was the problem, but i think there was only one letter a bit skewiffed

i use letter punches which are designed for use on leather, i just stick the Aluminum tape to a heavy scrap of leather that i have and punch straight onto the aluminum then stick it to the tubes, i have 1/2" and 3/4" letter sets, the best is by far the 1/2" size

thanks again guys

MIK

Pitoon

Mik.

Brian.

thanks Brian, i am sure sooner or later someone will want an Anthony and wont accept Tony, but when it all comes down to it if 6 letters is all that will fit,,,, then 6 letters IS all that will fit:wink:

the pink actually came out pretty good, all the ladies in my house like the color, i am only disappointed that there is no real metallic red, i will have to look at normal paints to see what i can find

great job on the lining up the letters. do you use stamps to emboss the letters?

Pitoon

thanks Pitoon, they lined up pretty well just getting the letters to sit straight as well was the problem, but i think there was only one letter a bit skewiffed

i use letter punches which are designed for use on leather, i just stick the Aluminum tape to a heavy scrap of leather that i have and punch straight onto the aluminum then stick it to the tubes, i have 1/2" and 3/4" letter sets, the best is by far the 1/2" size

thanks again guys

MIK

keep it up the pens keep getting better and better!

Pitoon

Top Bottom