The color of $

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Playing around with a new color combo. I think it came out better than I thought. Reverse painted it black. When Tim (Wiset1) was out here last weekend I rough turned this one and drilled it out. I just now got around to finish turning it. I'd love to see yall's thoughts on it!

DSC00659544x700.jpg
DSC00662592x700.jpg
DSC00665573x700.jpg
DSC00669588x700.jpg

Finally getting the hang of closeups with the new camera:

DSC00663595x700.jpg

Recently I won a drawing on facebook for CSUSA and won a cool book and some of their new money clips. So I grabbed a random cast blank and I think it came out pretty cool.

DSC00673549x700.jpg

Thanks for looking and for any comments/critiques made!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Thought I was going to see you grinding up your cash and makin' it into blanks...but this was cool too!

What was the blank size needed for the moneyclip thing?

Scott

renowb

Beautiful Jonathon! It looks like it could almost glow in the dark! Nice job!

IPD_Mr

Jonathan - I think you should call the green one sea moss. It just seems to flow so you have to name if for something that moves like that. Well done.

Brooks803

Thought I was going to see you grinding up your cash and makin' it into blanks...but this was cool too!

What was the blank size needed for the moneyclip thing?

Scott

lol...not outside the realm of possibility! Gotta a $20 I can borrow? I promise you'll get it back...atleast in one form or another :rolleyes:

I used a bottle stopper blank I had laying around from leftover resin. I think it was 1 3/4" wide.

You'll have to send it to me so I can get a closer look at it. Then I'll let you know :)

It might make it to the next meeting....I just might letcha hold it, under supervision of course :tongue:

Beautiful Jonathon! It looks like it could almost glow in the dark! Nice job!

Thanks Bill....ya know what? I CAN DO THAT! Good idea!

Jjartwood

Actually,not only a nice color combo but would be a great choice for a vintage
look,would love to see it with different back paint colors in tube,wild!
Great job!!!
Mark
JJARTWOOD

jppensplus

Great-looking pen with that blank you made!! Also, the photographs of the pen were really good---could we entice you to attend one of our bi-monthly meetings in Richmond and give us a seminar on photographing pens? We would love to see you again!!

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Very cool looking. What lense are you using for close uos

Thanks Chris, I'm just using the stock lense. 18-55mm. Setting the aperature around 8 and using a tripod. I still need to try other settings to see what I like best though.

Great-looking pen with that blank you made!! Also, the photographs of the pen were really good---could we entice you to attend one of our bi-monthly meetings in Richmond and give us a seminar on photographing pens? We would love to see you again!!

Thanks John! Maybe we can work something out. I've been in contact with Bill about some other things so who knows. I will say I'm still a complete novice with the camera but I'll be happy to share everything I know if it all works out.

ironman123

Jonathon that is a real looker of a pen. Great color. I like the Sea Moss name for it.

I am sure you said before but, what camera are you using?

Ray

Top Bottom