"Collectors Pen" DVD

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Stevej72

Stevej72

This is the pen I made after watching "The Collectors Pen" DVD by Russ Fairfield. First, I want to say that DVD is very well done, with a lot of excellent instruction and well worth the price. Any problems with the pen are the fault of the penmaker and not the instructor. The main problem is the placement of the clip. Russ showed where it should go, but in my excitement to complete the pen, I put it in the wrong place.

It is made of Bocote with titanium gold Barron fittings.

Attachments

• Barron1.jpg
    Barron1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 329
  • Barron2.jpg
    Barron2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Barron3.jpg
    Barron3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 212
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stevej72

Thank you for the comments! I forget what Russ called it, but if you hold the pen up and look at the grain, it is where the grain goes up and then loops around and back down. I think it would look better with the clip centered in that area. It may not be a huge difference, but anything to make it look the best that it can.

mickr

I can't tell from pic that clip is placed incorrectly..looks great from here..nice turning

VisExp

I forget what Russ called it, but if you hold the pen up and look at the grain, it is where the grain goes up and then loops around and back down. I think it would look better with the clip centered in that area.

That makes sense, I can see how that would improve it. Regardless, it is a beautiful pen. Great choice of wood. Well done to you.

Top Bottom