Collaboration Pen Mike and Dale in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

OK so this pen took forever to get out but here it is. This is a Buckeye Burl and Bloodwood segmented pen with a celtic knot. That is what I (MikesPenTurningZ) did to the pen. Then I sent it off to Dale(WritePensInk) for his treatment. Here is what we had when we were done.

il_570xN.720565560_46mu.jpg

il_570xN.720694589_avg6.jpg

Dale and I both hope you like this pen. It was not easy to get done, but now it is done and it is very cool to see what came of the effort.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

FANTASTIC PEN !!! (yes, I'm shouting !!! ... had to !! ) Did Dale have to cut down the wood to make a little bit of room to accommodate the thickness of the watch parts ? Thanks

Dale did what Dale had to do to make this work. He really pulled out all of the stops on this one to get those watch parts on the pen. He did an awesome job on it.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
WOW, Mike and you too Dale that is one of the most beautiful pen I've ever seen. Spot on in every area. We'll done.

jttheclockman

This is a very nice example of well thought out planning and execution of the plan. This should give others ideas as to what can be done with the basic watch parts pens. This is taking it to another level. Job well done. Looks like front page material to me.

May I ask what is the material used as the background to the watch gears and parts??? It looks gold in color. Thanks for showing.

This is a very nice example of well thought out planning and execution of the plan. This should give others ideas as to what can be done with the basic watch parts pens. This is taking it to another level. Job well done. Looks like front page material to me.

May I ask what is the material used as the background to the watch gears and parts??? It looks gold in color. Thanks for showing.

Thanks JT for the compliments. The background for the watch gears is Buckeye Burl. The rest is bloodwood. This type of build is not as straight forward as you might think. We had plenty of hurdles to get over to make it all work just right.

jttheclockman

Thanks JT for the compliments. The background for the watch gears is Buckeye Burl. The rest is bloodwood. This type of build is not as straight forward as you might think. We had plenty of hurdles to get over to make it all work just right.

Mike

Thanks. I would not have guessed any woods. I was thinking a sleeve of some sort like CF. It makes even more impressive to layer woods like that. Good job all around. I guess that can go in your segmented photo thread.

Just thought of another question that won't require any trade secrets. The material covering the watch parts, is that resin or CA built up or both??? Sometimes photos just do not do a pen justice. There is much more here than the eye sees. I can relate to some of the trials and failures.

Thanks again.

Mike

Thanks. I would not have guessed any woods. I was thinking a sleeve of some sort like CF. It makes even more impressive to layer woods like that. Good job all around. I guess that can go in your segmented photo thread.

Just thought of another question that won't require any trade secrets. The material covering the watch parts, is that resin or CA built up or both??? Sometimes photos just do not do a pen justice. There is much more here than the eye sees. I can relate to some of the trials and failures.

Thanks again.

Yes I completely segmented this pen then sent it off to Dale for him to do what he does. It was a lot of fun but it didn't go without trials I can tell you that and Dale can attest to that too we sent this pen back and forth a few times.

Top Bottom