Coin, $, Cone, Skin, Feathers and burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I haven't had the time to make a lot of pens lately but had promised some donations to a local fund raiser for a young girl with a brain injury. I wanted to come up with a nice group of different material to hopefully catch some eyes and bring some bids for them. Here's what I have done at the moment.

The first is a blank made by IAP member "theidlemind" that I won during this years bash. Its an ILLINOIS quarter on a black carbon fiber background. I set this one on a gun metal Atrax. I think they work very well together. Thanks again David!

The second is one of my ringneck pheasant blanks on a rhodium and gold Jr. Statesman.

The third is a Jeff Powell Pinecone and resin blank I bought at exoticblanks, on a rhodium and gold Jr Gent. with a CA finish. Jeff does great work and these cones always draw lots of attention.

The fourth is a red oak burl I rescued from a pile of firewood on a rhodium and gold Jr Gent with a CA finish.

The fifth is a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake skin blank I got from IAP member "jimskio" on a Black Ti and Rhodium Jr Statesman. Beautiful work as always Jimmy! Thank You.

The sixth pen is a Franklin blank I bought a while ago and was saving for something like this from IAP member "Bruce119", on a Triton. The blank was a Jr set so the lower tube was a little too long. I didnt want to trim off too much of the money detail, shortening the lower tube, so I cut a small silicone plug and placed it under the spring in the bottom cap of the lower section to seat the ink higher. Worked perfect.

The seventh set, seen in the second picture is a "His & Hers" Camouflage acrylic two tone titanium cigar set. I live in the Illinois valley area full of deer and duck hunters so I thought it might go over well.

All comments welcome. Even of my poor photos. (lol) Thanks!

Attachments

• taylor group 1_800x580.JPG
    taylor group 1_800x580.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 461
  • taylor group 2_800x471.JPG
    taylor group 2_800x471.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gbpens

Beautiful work on the part of the suppliers and yourself. What better use could these pens go for than a charity auction.

theidlemind

I think you have me more credit than I deserve John!

Very nice group of pens, I hope they bring big piles of money to help the young lady.

Pretty nice to be playing a tiny part in it.

SDB777

Be hard to pick just a single favorite out of this group. I would sure be interested in hearing the outcome of the values at auction(if you get that information) .

Scott (gotta go with the oak as a sawyer) B

Top Bottom