Cohiba Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bruce119

bruce119

This is work still in progress. A friend asked me about modeling a cigar that his son smokes. I worked on this off and on for several weeks. I still don't have all the bugs worked out but getting closer.

There is more about it in casting and stabilizing and it's a Gentelmans pen.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=2&TOPIC_ID=31955#337316

CigarPen1a.jpg

CigarPen2a.jpg

fake_cohiba_sr_compare.jpg

Bruce

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

R2

Saw this in your other post, Comment still applies.:):)[:p]
I had a think about this and wondered if injecting thin CA with a syringe into the centre area of the cigar would be of any help. Also you mention darkening because of moisture. Would some time in the microwave help?

thetalbott4

I hope you used the wrapper from a cheap cigar. As nice as the pen is, those Cohiba reserves are like candy to a fat kid. They would make spendy blanks too. Great idea and execution.

VisExp

That is a great looking pen Bruce. I was wondering how it would look if you put the cigar label just a little lower (closer to the center band). To my eye the proportions would match the genuine cigar a bit better.

thefunkyP

Very nice looking pen. I've actually been waiting to see someone try this. I'll bet a closed end would look amazing. Don't get me wrong I like this version quite well too. Thanks for sharing the photos.

mrplace

Bruce, It is already exteremly cool, but I was thinking if you made a closed end with the end that you clip (mouth end) you could keep the cigar almost intact.

Either way, its still sweet.

Top Bottom