coffee to go

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Oldwagon

Oldwagon

I got this blank from Jason-mywoodshopca.

Attachments

• IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 259
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sberger

Nice pen! Those are a pain to make the blank. I did it one time and the beans float, so you have to pour a second resin batch over the tacky first one. Nice once finished.

RAdams

Banned
A PVC mold would work, but you would probably get some nasty air bubbles trapped in there... I would suggest you make a Horizontal round mold like the ones in my mold tutorial. They would be ABSOLUTELY IDEAL for something like this. In fact, I am waiting on Ernie to post pictures of some material I cast for him that would have been alot harder in any mold except the Horizontal round!

PS... Nice pen Todd! I tried one of those once. I can iamgine how tough they are to cast, but i can attest to how hard they are to turn, (And I succesfully turned an Alt. Amber JG!) If you can turn that blank, YOU CAN TURN ANYTHING!

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
Pen turned out great!

PS.. to those asking the way to cast.

I have a mold that makes a slab the size of 4 blanks. I fill this about 1" thick with beans. Then use a wooden block covered with suran wrap. I put the alumilite in the mold over the beans. Mix around lightly. Push the wooden block down tight to force all the beans down. The edges are still open for any air to escape. I then use Duct Tape to hold the block tight while its in the Pressure Pot. Little more waste of beans, but it cuts down on floating ones ;)

Top Bottom