Coffee and Cream

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vakmere

vakmere

This Triton with gold hardware matches nicely with the Coffee and Cream blank from
Slabs Blanks & Boards. Oh no, :eek: I just told everyone where I got this from, now they will have to make more beautifully swirled blanks to satisfy our need for coolness.
Tried a new camera with trial and error light settings and a piece granite as a prop. Not sure if it detracts from the pen, you tell me. Always looking to improve.

As a side note I almost forgot to put the stop rings on the correct side of the small tube couplers otherwise there would have been a big disappointment in this turn. Found out that they indeed have different dimensions and will leave the blank shy and proud if reversed. whew!!

Attachments

• Triton Rollerball - gold with cappacino acrylic (3).jpg
    Triton Rollerball - gold with cappacino acrylic (3).jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 232
  • Triton Rollerball - gold with cappacino acrylic (2).jpg
    Triton Rollerball - gold with cappacino acrylic (2).jpg
    160 KB · Views: 172
  • Triton Rollerball - gold with cappacino acrylic.jpg
    Triton Rollerball - gold with cappacino acrylic.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Great match of Blank and Gold Triton.
Excellent Fit and Finish.
Regarding the Granite Prop, for me it distracts and doesn't add add to the Photo.
Hearty Congratulations on an Excellent Pen vakmere.
Brian.

BSea

Joe, you were right, the gold with chrome look great with that blank. I have no problem with the prop. Good job! :good:

As a side note I almost forgot to put the stop rings on the correct side of the small tube couplers otherwise there would have been a big disappointment in this turn. Found out that they indeed have different dimensions and will leave the blank shy and proud if reversed. whew!!
I can't believe anyone would do something like that. I know for a fact it hasn't happen to me . . . . . . . . . . . . this week.:rolleyes:

I had it happen a couple of times (at least). And I just found one of my early pens (a baron) where I did this, and didn't even notice at the time. It's funny how sharp your eye is for mistakes after doing several hundred pens.

Top Bottom