Cocobolo and Walnut Wall Street IIs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

For our annivesary SWMBO bought me a beautiful piece of Cocobolo :D
I have never turned Cocobolo before and it was a pleasure to turn.

The pen kits are Wall Street IIs from Woodcraft finished with BLO and CA. I really like these kits. They are not much of a challenge to put together but I think they look real sharp.
IMG_0377.jpg

This next one is Walnut with some beautiful curly figure. I posted it a couple of weeks ago but didn't like the fatter shape or the finish of the blank so I re-turned it.

I think I like this Titanium w/Gold kit the best.
IMG_0379.jpg

Sorry about the distracting reflections in the pens. Guess I need to get serious and build a photo tent for shooting pens.

Thanks for looking and comments are always appreciated.

Happy Turning,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Milpaul

I agree, great job on the pic's. I gave up trying to photograph cocobolo, it seems the picture never shows the real beauty of the wood.

jedgerton

Those look really great! The photography is top notch as well. One comment, this kit is also available from other sources where its known as a Sierra. Woodcraft's kits are a little pricey.

John

I agree, the pens are great and the photography is exceptional. I am not sure the way to hold the pen is in a piece of scrap wood. The photos are better than that. What kind of camera? Perhaps you caught Woodcraft when they had a 30% off sale, that is the only way they would be near the pricing of Sierras.

Shane

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I appreciate them.

John thanks for the heads-up on the Sierras. I knew about them, just never priced them out, I will check into it.

oobak ... The camera is one of my old Canon 10Ds with a 50mm f/1.4 lens. The camera is a nice camera but old, I don't take my good ones out in the shop with all the dust. IMHO the 50mm f/1.4 lens is one of the sharpest lens made and does great for shooting my turnings.

I turned another pen tonight and rather than start a new thread I'll just post it here.

Another Cocobolo Wallstreet II.
IMG_0383.jpg

Thanks again for the comments.

Happy Turning,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom