Cocobolo with Tagua

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Deere41h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deere41h

Playing around tonight with alternative materials. This is Cocobolo with Tagua Nut accents. Tagua is fun to work with and turns nicely. Just need to find a way to work around the voids in the middle of the nut.

200552731343_TaguaA.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
That is nice looking. I picked up some tagua nuts today on a rare day off from the Expo. I plan on doing something similar. Thanks for posting that.

Deere41h

Thanks for all the nice comments. You are very kind.

Woodscavenger - The accents were planned not woops.

Jim - I have heard that Tagua will scorch so was careful with both sanding and finishing not to get it hot. Very light sanding pressure.

Rifleman1776

Others got there with the good words first: "elegant" "classy". Great workmanship and beautiful finish. I especially like the shape, adds to the elegant and classy look. Not overdone. As we say in the souh, "Ye dun gud".

Deere41h

Bev and Serge: Pen was sanded to MM4000 and then applied 3 coats of sanding sealer. First two coats were thinned with lacquer thinner 50/50. The third coat was put on full strength. I allow that to cure for 24 hours and then apply 2 coats of friction polish and finished with 2 coats of Ren Wax. Thanks for your nice comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom