Cocobolo Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jwoodwright

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoodwright

I had received my Tigerwood Ebony and Cocobolo from Daniel. The Tigerwood is Huge. The Cocbolo were average size, looked puny next to the Tigerwood.:D I added a Mahogany CB.[8D]

Photography leaves something to be desired...[:I]

200412222534_cocoboloslimline.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

John, the pen is very nice !!! Great job!

I am not a good photographer, but the first thing that I can think of to improve the photo is to crop it closer to the pen.

jwoodwright

I need some photo info. Tighter I tried to crop, more it elongated the pen. The slimline all of a sudden was over a foot long![?] So, I backed off and this is what I end up with...[:)]

So, I'm hoping for ideas.

Wanted to try wood CB. Thanks

Daniel

John,
I can think of a couple of reasons the pen would get longer.
One is that dimensions can be locked in the editor settngs. Or a ratio of size. like height to width. I am not sure what settings exactly would cause the editor to stretch the pen though. anouther would be that when you crop the photo the editor automaticlly displayes it at the same widthe the original was at. ou can use the little magnifier the (-) to makw it smaller again. you may also have been using the entirly wrong tool. I know in paint shop pro thereis a tool that will simply warp the picture not crop it. for me the editors are harder to figure out than getting the picture in the first place.
I like the pen and you did great with the center band. i havn't tried that myself yet.

jwoodwright

Daniel, thanks. I always try for a shape that feels good. I've had fun with the Slimline.[:D] I'll have to try more wood bands. Now onto the larger blanks... A Cigar perhaps...[:)]

dougle40

John ,
What program are you using to crop your pictures ??
If you're program puts a outer border in the pic , you need to draw it out or pull it in via one of the corners where you get a double arrow , this will adjust the pic in all directions instead of only one way and keeps the original pic at it's regular dimensions . If you use the arrows that are pointing in one direction only , either left,right,up or down , this will distort the pic .
Hope this is of some help to you .

therodologist

John your pen is a stunning pen and you can be proud of your work. All you need is a little practice with a good piece of photo software and there is lots of them out there. The one that I prefer to use is Photo Impact 8.0 I used your pen as an example of what you can do with it. Gayland

20041222164333_Pen%201.jpg
<br />

G

Nice looking pen,at least with the large picture I can see the details.
I commiserate with you on working with the size of the photo.That's why I don't post many pictures.
When I get them "small" enough to fit they usually are not large to see detail.
When I do get them the right size it's dumb luck.
the downside of your post is it makes the page so large.
Atleast I can see the deatails.(that's a good thing)
I have had some luck using a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom