Cocobolo Panache II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from agfox

Status
Not open for further replies.

agfox

I love coco... xcut, hope it's not too boring.

Thanks,

Nathan

PanCocoACMed.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan

Wow - nothing boring about that beauty Nathan, the profile alone makes you want to hold it, the beautiful wood just serves to make it that much more attractive.

What was your finish? What kit is that? Where did you get it? Did you have any difficulties along the way? Any tips on how you photographed it?

Dan
Unionville, VA

agfox

Yup, Wayne's enduro method, Panache, CSUSA, squaring the blanks is a little tricky because they don't make barrell trimmers that large, read the manual on the camera :) sounds smartarsed, but really it's there. 3 year old sony cybershot.

Thanks,

Nathan

chigdon

I have never been a fan of Cocobolo (I know that is a punishable statement around here) but if I had access to this kind of Cocobolo I would be a fan. Just beautiful! I really like it with the black kit too.

rtgleck

Wow... That is a great job with selection and use of the wood. As someone else had said, the look and form just make you want to pick that pen up and look closer. Wonderful job.

gerryr

For anyone interested, this kind of cocobolo is not available from Rockler. It is being sold on eBay by Gadgetswood and usually goes for around $5.00 a blank. Somebody named agfox bought some in early January.

agfox

You must be in my garage as excited as I am about them... Yup got some from nice stuff from Gagetswood as well, but that piece there is from rockler. Along with the other sapwood one I posted earlier. They weren't precut blanks. They were reject rack boards because of checking, sapwood, too thin for most stuff. But they do make nice pen blanks... and at 8 bucks a board foot...

N.

cocoM.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom