Cocobolo Panache

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from agfox

Status
Not open for further replies.

agfox

Here's some artsy fartsy Panache photos. Mexican Cocobolo w/ sapwood. I think it gives great contrast, and it turns very well, even if I have to wear a jump suit to do it... :( Enduro finish.

Because of the "desk art" feature of the kit, I purposely crisscrossed the grain. It's ART! But then I took a pic of how it would have looked aligned proper. I'd like opinions on what you like better and why. And yes I know my backdrop shows [:eek:)] It's good enough for gov work...

Thanks for peekin,

Nathan

PanCocoCross1M.JPG

PanCocoAl1M.JPG

PanCocoOpen1M.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thetalbott4

The panache isnt one of my favorites, but I like that one. Beautiful blank and great use of it. Artsy fartsy...mexican food at a gallery opening?

Bob A

I would usually say no to the top one, but with this one it works for me for some reason. Maybe more balanced standing on end? Either way looks good.

Nice pen by the way, I need to order some of them.

chigdon

I love it and love the kit. I have only made one Panache but I am getting a great response from people on it. I don't think it will be a widely used pen but if you are selling in an art gallery I think it will be a hit.

agfox

Thanks for the kind words. You folks here are an inspiration, and while I don't post much, I do so enjoy reading and seeing your photos. Keep up the good work.

Nathan

I think I like the first one also, athough they all look good when alighned, IMHO.
Very nice...nice blank, I have one like that, may I copy?
waiting for my first panasche as they are out of stock in the black.

JimGo

Originally posted by MDWine
<br />Actually, yeah! I do like it! ya gotta love that sapwood, huh?
(how 'bout that sapwood, JimGo?? [:D])
I really like that one Nathan! It almost looks like a bunch of Cocobolo veneers that have been laminated together with as strong at the grain is in that blank. And the contrast between the heart and sapwood makes a striking pen. I like it better with the unmatched grain; I agree, it makes it look more artistic.

Michael, are you implying that I like heart/sapwood combinations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom