Cocobolo FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

I think I'll change out the nib for a larger one -- the small nib looks kind of teeny on such a beefy body. Section, coupling all Alumilite (my newest favorite stuff).
C&C gladly accepted.
Doug

Attachments

• cocobolofp_939.jpg
    cocobolofp_939.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 274
  • cocobolofpuncapped_991.jpg
    cocobolofpuncapped_991.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 297
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Doug very nice fit and I agree that a larger nib might look better. The wood and finish look really good as does the overall pen.

bensoelberg

I also think a larger nib would look good.

Is it just the angle of the photos or is there no clip? If I had to guess, I'd say that this is kitless but I'm pretty new to all of this, so if it is a kit, it's one I haven't seen yet.

Last edited:

dgscott

Is it just the angle of the photos or is there no clip? If I had to guess, I'd say that this is kitless but I'm pretty new to all of this, so if it is a kit, it's one I haven't seen yet.

Nope -- no clip, no kit. Just some cocobolo, some alumilite, and a Heritance nib.
Doug

broitblat

Very nice looking pen. I like the design, great looking piece of wood, and the actual implementation looks excellent. What is the center band made from? Is it possible to get a closeup?

-Barry

dgscott

The centerband is actually part of the internal closure -- threaded to accept the section. Like the other pieces that aren't cocobolo, it's alumilite, cast then turned and threaded on the metal lathe.

Thanks for looking!
Doug

dgscott

with that little nib the women will point and the men will laugh. :eek:

ROTFLMAO.

Reminds me of a time when I was asked for advice by a female friend on how to react to a flasher. I said, "Just take a good, long look and say, 'Gosh, it looks like a [nib] only smaller!'"
:-Doug

Top Bottom