Cocobolo Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George7

Status
Not open for further replies.

George7

I went to a nearby hardwood dealer today to try to find some 5/4 hard maple for a flatwork project. They didn't have any. I told the warehouse guy that I wanted to look at shorts to make some pens. I showed my carry pen and he mentioned that they had some exotics upstairs. He brought down a couple of small pieces of cocobolo. This pen was on the edge of one of them. I really like the wood!

I'm sorry about the photo, I didn't use my limited depth of field very well.

20075254574_CocoCigar.jpg

The pen is a Berea cigar in Ti Gold. Finish is CA/BLO and Beall buffed. I know that bushing to bushing pns are frowned upon, but I have several customers who find my normal cigar shape too large.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Nice pen George, nobody frowns on a sold PEN ! You have to make what sells, and a cigar in cocobolo is probablly in the top 5 pens sold.

Dario

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Nice pen George, nobody frowns on a sold PEN ! You have to make what sells, and a <b>cigar in cocobolo is probablly in the top 5 pens sold.</b>

Taking mental note...if only it will stick longer than a few minutes... [B)][:D]

Dario

George,

I agree with Anthony...concentrate on the ones that sells [;)]. Me I make what I like ...ergo not much sales [:p].

Cocobolo is among my favorites too. Anthony buys them by the "Penchetta mobile" load...especially when he hits a motherload of premium boards [;)] LOL.

ahoiberg

nothing at all wrong with bushing to bushing. just cause some here don't like them, so what? in fact, i feel that bushing to bushing are more difficult to turn than having a swell... maybe it's just how i learned. and when the craziness with beads, etc. starts... those don't really add much for a comfortable pen. pretty yes, functional, not really.

nice pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom