Cocobolo Burl, Thanks to Johnnie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wdcav1952

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Some time back when Nolan was selling this, I had a conflict and wasn't able to buy any blanks. Johnnie Jarheaded was kind enough to sell me a couple of blanks at his cost later. I deeply regret that I did not get to show him the end result. I post this as a thank you to a fine person who is likely guarding the ramparts of Heaven.

Jr Statesman II 22k gold and Rhodium with hand rubbed lacquer finish.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Cav, that's a five :star::star::star::star::star: and I'm sure Johnnie is smiling down from the ramparts of Heaven.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Outstanding job on that pen Cav, you did him proud. Now I have to figure out what to do with the ones that are sitting in the shop still, I don't think I can bring myself to make a slimline out of them anymore.

Darrin

Now that's a burl I want to try! BEAUTIFUL finish...almost gives it the old growth, antique patina look. Very impressive :)

mrburls

Hi Cav, beautiful pen. Wonderful color and burl.

So how is the cold weather up there in Pa. I recently moved from Lehigh Valley area to nice warm San Antonio Tx. I do miss the tall timbers seeing I use to have a sawmill business.
Keith "mrburls"

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Hi Cav, beautiful pen. Wonderful color and burl.

So how is the cold weather up there in Pa. I recently moved from Lehigh Valley area to nice warm San Antonio Tx. I do miss the tall timbers seeing I use to have a sawmill business.
Keith "mrburls"

Keith, a few snow flurries yesterday and 29 degrees this morning. High expected is 32 degrees. Toto, I don't think we are in Louisiana any more! :eek:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice work Cav . I too am a benificiary of Johnnies generosity , and will be showing some pens from his blanks soon . I hope they will be nearly as nice as this one . Great job , and thanks for sharing the information .

Top Bottom