Cocobolo burl Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Nolan

Nolan

This is really cool and of course the photo doesn't really do it justice. This burl was kinda average with nice figure and minimal eye. This particular blank is from the transition area. It has a defined black layer between them, it almost looks like it was a glue up. Even though this burl didn't produce the eye and figure most everyone associates with burl it still produced a very unique one of a kind figure. Trees and burl are just fascinating to me and I tried to capture this unique feature. Hope you enjoy and as alway your comments are welcomed.

DSCF0218.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turbowagon

Very nice, Nolan. Great wood, fit, and finish! What did you use for the finish? Did you prep the surface at all with shellac or a DNA wipe?

Nolan

All my finishes are CA (99.9%) and I do all my cleaning and whip down with CA accelerator, I have found it eliminated all my problems from moisture and contaminates from DNA and the like. Plus a benefit is it helps speed up the CA process in the cold weather.

Very nice, Nolan. Great wood, fit, and finish! What did you use for the finish? Did you prep the surface at all with shellac or a DNA wipe?

dl351

That's a nice looking pen! I really like the contrast of that Cocobolo! I recently got a cocobolo blank that has some sapwood on it. Seeing pens like yours makes me more excited to turn it!

Top Bottom