Cocobolo burl with sap and light spalting!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Been a while I made a pen, probably quite a few weeks! I was wondering if I could still make a CA finish.

So I had Jr Retro tubes sanded/prepared to be finished, I took one hour and I went for it! :) I changed the brand of glue I used to make my finishes, I use the Satellite brand now. I have been impressed with their accelerator and I decided to try their glue, I feel that the medium viscosity covers more than the the E-Z brand!

So I went with my regular procedure but this time I made 15 coats as I felt it was equal to 25 coats of the E-Z brand. The finish has a very little rubbery feel to it which I like a lot. To put all the chances on my side, I used new MM sand paper as well, everything went smoothly!

It is a cocobolo burl block I bought a little while ago which I did cut to get the sappy part on the pen cap, it's got little spalting which is nice. :)

Comments welcomed and clicky the thumbnail,

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

Beautiful! Where did you get the hand that holds the pen?

Drstrangefart

Hey guys,

Been a while I made a pen, probably quite a few weeks! I was wondering if I could still make a CA finish.

WHAT?????????

I have seen all your casts you made lately your doing really great, on the other hand you should concentrate on what really matter, woods! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Charles

I HAVE been feeling pretty guilty about ignoring the growing mountain of wood blanks in the basement. I have the PITH pen to make, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with it.

Top Bottom