A Cocobolo Burl Lotus (better pictures added)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This is a rhodium and 22kt Lotus with some Cocobolo Burl that was bought a long time ago by my brother (Johnnie Jarheaded). He planned on a pen for him and one for me but that didn't happen, so this one is for him. His one year anniversary is coming up quick and I plan on giving this one to our father, I hope he likes it. This pen was a couple of days worth of trying to get some time in and was finished today with 10 coats of CA and micromeshed to 12000 and then buffed up real nice.

I was able to get some half way decent pictures today.

I played with the last picture to give you an idea of the amount and tightness of the eyes in this piece of wood.

Attachments

• IMG_3336.jpg
    IMG_3336.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_3372.jpg
    IMG_3372.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_3377.jpg
    IMG_3377.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_3394.jpg
    IMG_3394.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3384.jpg
    IMG_3384.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful pen Neil . I'm sure Johnnie would be impressed , and your father will appreciate it . I have fond memories of Johnnie . RIP , one of Americas best .

Bree

Spectacular pen and some outstanding wood. Excellent job!!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jttheclockman

That word stunning keeps getting used and for good reason. That is one stunning blank and you put it on a nice highend kit where it belongs. Job well done and I am sure it will be well received and the meaning behind it is powerful. Thanks for showing.

Ligget

Looks great from over here too, the only critique I would have is that the blank and kit are fighting against each other to catch the attention of the viewer.

I tend to follow the guide of if it is a kit with lots of bling then use a plainer wood, and if you have a top dollar blank with enormous amounts of figure then put it on a plainer kit.

All said and done it is still a very well made pen that anyone would love to own!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Thank you all for your comments and input on this pen. I am hoping to get some better pictures of it as soon as the sun finds its way out.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I'm patiently waiting for the sun to shine !:) More photos please ! :biggrin:
I'm sitting here watching some torrential down pour with heavy lightening and thunder. So much for finally having a day off without any calls or anything, I should have just gone in to work today. Maybe if I'm real lucky my basement can flood and I can get to clean that up too....LOL

Power just went out, thank god for backup generators or I'd be bored.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'm sitting here watching some torrential down pour with heavy lightening and thunder. So much for finally having a day off without any calls or anything, I should have just gone in to work today. Maybe if I'm real lucky my basement can flood and I can get to clean that up too....LOL

Power just went out, thank god for backup generators or I'd be bored.
OK , I'll just enjoy this one for awhile . Nothing much more fun than pumping out a flooded basement . BTDT ! :redface:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
What a difference some daylight can make in photography . The eyes in that burl are really tight and the wood has some beautiful color . Thanks for the extra effort Neil . Are you gonna take that t your father ? Just curious ! Either way , he will love the pen .

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
What a difference some daylight can make in photography . The eyes in that burl are really tight and the wood has some beautiful color . Thanks for the extra effort Neil . Are you gonna take that t your father ? Just curious ! Either way , he will love the pen .
Thanks, I'll be giving it to him when I see him around the end of the month. I'm planning on another one for my mother also, just something a little bit slimmer.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks, I'll be giving it to him when I see him around the end of the month. I'm planning on another one for my mother also, just something a little bit slimmer.
Great idea . Here goes my curiosity again :biggrin: . Any idea what style for your mother ?

GouletPens

YES YES YES!! It warms my heart when I see a truly rare and exceptional piece of wood complemented by a high-end kit. I can't stand it when I see a cocobolo burl on a carbara or 24k euro or something like that. Well done! And what a sexy piece of wood, MMMM!:wink:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Thank you everyone, just a quick follow up on this pen. I did give it to my father and I could tell he liked it, I think I saw his lip quiver a bit but he got real quiet for a while afterwards so I know he will treasure this one.

Top Bottom