Cocobolo & Amboyna Gifts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

I made this pen today as a gift for my First Sergeant who will be leaving our unit for a new position the first of the new year. This is my way of saying "Thank you" for all the leadership and understanding. He's from Mexico so I used Cocobolo wood to honor his heritage. I used a Broadwell kit for this pen. :tongue:

5231873685_6ba0be93ce_z.jpg

This is a pen I made this weekend for my friend John who runs our local wood shop. John has always been there to help me out when I'm in a bind and has never asked for anything in return. This was my way of saying Thank you. I used Amboyna Brul with a Majestic Jr fountain pen kit since he only writes with a fountain pen...pretty cool guy.

5231873895_b7ce83fdbf_z.jpg

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Larger images can be seen in my gallery ( www.flickr.com/photos/twise/ )

V/r
Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Thank you! They will be going to some great folks who deserve them so I hope they like them.

latelearner

Those are two beautiful pens. Both recipients should be very pleased and you should be extremely proud. Thanks for your service and have a great holiday season.

wiset1

Thanks everyone. While it would be nice to keep these it will feel better knowing that I can give them to people who will appreciate them and keep them as a fond reminder of a friendship. Tis the season to give and if this is my skill set then it's pens all around, ha ha ha.

wiset1

Thanks Jim...I figure the more I turn the better I'll get. Funny thing about the Cocobolo pen...I started using the Majestic Jr. bushings on the cap and turned it down a bit before I thought to myself...that looks a bit thin for a Broadwell cap! It was just shy of the bushings to I used thick CA to build up to the bushings. Can't tell once it's finished, but it was an O.S. moment, ha ha ha

ctubbs

Tim, great job on two beautiful pens. I am sure that your first sargent and friend will cherish them for many years to come. Your skill is getting better with each one you build.
Please pass on our thanks to all your friends and family our thanks for your service.
Charles

wiset1

Thank you Charles!

My Soldiers know I've been doing these pens and even though they think it an odd hobby they think the end product is pretty cool. I also let them know that they have the support of our fellow Americans back home who are grateful for their service. I was asked to pass along a hearty "Thank You" from the Dagger Platoon of the 102d Signal Battalion.

wizard

You are a great friend to people! They will both cherish their pens you made them in the years to come. Thank you for everything you do to keep us safe and out of harms way!!
Bless you!
Doc

woodman

Tim very nicely done, no make that they are excellent.Good choice of pen and material. I looked at your site and all your work is truly amazing. If you are overseas God speed to you and all that are over there!!

wiset1

Thank you again! My family and I will FINALLY be coming bacvk to the U.S. next year. My wife has been here in Germany for 26 years (Military Brat) and I've been here since 1992. Back when I was in the Air Force the didn't really care if you stayed overseas, now that I switched into the Army they figured it was time for a good job and a bit of time back home. DC bound

Lenny

Beautiful pens! I'm sure the recipients will treasure them and they will be a constant reminder of your friendship!

Top Bottom