Cocobolo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RHossack

RHossack

this piece of cocobolo is dressed in a Cigar kit with a 'Gun Metal' finish. I used 2 coats of thin CA followed by 2 coats of Medium after giving the wood an alcohol bath to rid the blank of the oils and resins trapped in the wood.

co800.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Man, that is beautiful. Soaking in alcohol,, hmmmmm.. I am going to try that. I have allot of Cocobolo to work with.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
this piece of cocobolo is dressed in a Cigar kit with a 'Gun Metal' finish. I used 2 coats of thin CA followed by 2 coats of Medium after giving the wood an alcohol bath to rid the blank of the oils and resins trapped in the wood.
I am so angry looking at this gorgeous pen to think I have no idea how to make one like it. I will have to keep making those long clickers from CS USA in an amateurish attempt to duplicate this one piece cigar pen.

Ron has graciously described the one piece procedure to me, but it's not getting through my thick skull. That's probably just as well because that's the only pen I would be turning out!

RHossack

Soaking in alcohol,, hmmmmm.. I am going to try that. I have allot of Cocobolo to work with.
It works wonders.

I'm not sure what the rules are about posting from another forum (I apologize now and will slap my hand if in error) but here is a thread that was primarily about making a reel seat out of X-cut Cocobolo that exploded on the lathe and I was left with a piece of wood long enough for a Wallstreet II.

http://pnpta.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=95&func=view&id=12688&catid=15#12688

In the message I refer to DNA (what I usually use) but there is a pic of 70% Isopropyl alcohol which works just as well for this and is about a $1.00 at Walmart.

Top Bottom