Cocobolo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Roy99664

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NavyDiver

Nice job on the pen. I've been lucky so far with no reactions, but my younger son had a nasty reaction to some canary wood last November that took a couple weeks to clear up. Just remember your respirator and gloves [;)].

martyb

Beautiful pen. And that's the finish that we all want ours to look like.

I've got allergies, but luckily, haven't had any reactions to any wood I've worked. The cocobolo included.

Skye

My nose starts burning real bad with cocobolo. Cant stand that but love the wood.

CA or lacquer?

Paul in OKC

Prety pen. I never used to be bothered by cocobolo. I did a bunch of small parts for a friend out of it and ever since it makes my sinus' close up. Ebony does the same to me.

jedgerton

Your pen makes me want to turn some more cocobolo. I just wish I could finish my pens as good as you have. Keep up the good work.

BigRob777

Very nice work. I'm allergic to several woods, mostly rosewoods, faux rosewoods and padauk. Of course, cocobolo is a rosewood. Be careful with Bolivian Rosewood, aka morado. It has a few more names, but it's considered by many to be the worst, followed closely by cocobolo.
Rob

Roy99664

Thanks for the heads up, Rob. I try to be careful, but sometimes I get carried away and forget to turn the collector on, or put my shield down, etc. It doesn't take much.

emtmike

Hay Roy. I was having the same problems with some of the wood I turned until I got my TREND AIRSHELD. I love it and it is worth the money. If you can make a pen look as good as this one it would be worth it for you to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom