Cocobolo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darkshier

Darkshier

12265 s Strang Line Rd Apt 515 Olathe Ks 66062
1044477_558302927562069_551740171_n.jpg

Did this pen for my Brother in law a bit ago and really wished he didn't want it. He generally likes smaller pens. Made from cocobolo.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Little 'proud' on the cap opposite the finial, but maybe I'm seeing things.....

Like the timber! What kind of finish did you use? It isn't gloss(big plus for me).

Scott (might wanna crop and rotate it) B

Darkshier

I'm not sure what 'proud' means. I am fairly new at pen turning. I used a clear polymer gloss buy went over it with EEE. The background is the back porch of my brother-in-law's place. I've made quite a few pens since this one but it is still my favorite. Sorry it took me so long to respond I couldn't find my own thread lol.

Last edited:

Waluy

Well now that I have explained what proud means Jeffery does it on purpose because he was having problems with breaking when he got it flush. Maybe one of these weekends he and I will get together and see if we can't figure out why he has that issue.

Edit I guess my post might make more sense if I explained Jeffery and I are related and work at the same place so we see each other for about 30 minutes each weekday and swap ideas.

Last edited:

Joe S.

In the "Go Advanced" reply window (or when you first write a post) you can select an option to subscribe to a thread. You will be notified by email with a link to the post when somebody comments. It's a nice feature!

That is a nice piece of Cocobolo. Keep up the good work and like Scott said watch those ends. It gets easier with time that is for sure.

Darkshier

Thanks for the information. I will post more pens as I get some better pictures since right now the only good camera I had was a phone and it died permanently. I am always working to improve the pens I make as well as figure out new ideas. I am currently still trying to figure out the .556 round into a pen. I have done 308, 30-06, and .762 with varying degrees of success. I do say success because they functioned as intended.

Top Bottom