coco burl pair

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

These two are my first cocbolo burl, but not my first cocobolo. The coco burl is really a nice wood. The owner of these two picked the pen styles and furnished the blanks...reminding me how rare and expensive they are. I stressed a little but realized they were just another two blanks and all came out fine. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• CRW_3627.CRW.jpg
    CRW_3627.CRW.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 281
  • CRW_3629.CRW.jpg
    CRW_3629.CRW.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 341
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Beautiful burl wood Don. I do like the Jr. Gent ballpoint thou, it's one of my favorites for a ballpoint. I use one daily and holds up well.

Keith "mrburls"

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Don,

Did I understand your post? :confused: You faced kids in a classroom for over 30 years :eek: and a couple of pieces of wood stressed you?!?!!? :wink::biggrin::wink:

Beautiful work!!

its_virgil

Thanks to every one for the comments.
Cav: It's amazing how two little pieces of wood can get into our psyche and cause us to think the worse. I had them for 10 days before I decided they were just two little pieces of wood....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I really wanted the customer to think it takes longer to make these pens than it really does.....:biggrin:
Thanks again.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

rpearson

I love cocobolo and that burl is outstanding.:biggrin::biggrin:
Very funny about the stress level but like you say, great way to make him think they take longer then they actually do. (But then you do have to factor in the thought process not just the turning etc.:wink:)

its_virgil

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate them. I did not choose the kits (customer chosen) although the jr gent is one of my favorite ball points along with the perfect fit convertible. I with the yellow vein in the wood showed better...it is really striking and makes the wood a really nice piece. Thanks again.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Lenny

They look very nice to me! It's always a struggle for me to try to figure out what kit to use with what blank. I know you didn't have to make a choice as it was already made for you, but in response to some that have stated they don't like this combination I'm curious what kits they would see going well with these blanks?
Thanks!

Top Bottom