Cobaltium

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Talk about enough to p*** off a preacher, this pen was it! These blanks turn like rocks but they sure make a pretty pen. After turning and polishing with Nuvite C and S, I attempted to put the components together only to find that they did not fit. I was fit to be tied for several minutes before I realized that I had used tubes for a Jr. Statesman v1. Fortunately, I still have a few of these kits.

200852722844__DSC0268_DSC0268.jpg

200852722927__DSC0269_DSC0269.jpg

Thanks to all who look, particularly to those who offer comments.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Lou,

Although I am NOT positive, I BELIEVE the old Jr. Gent/Statesman V.1 was the same size as the Baron, which never changed. So, next time, you can turn it down a little farther on one end (the Jr. Gent slopes, the baron doesn't) and make a baron or sedona.

Not that I would make such a "miscalculation"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

MHKogan

Lou,
Try carbide tipped tools and turn at around 3200rpm. That way you can take it down slowly and the carbide tipped chisels cut the M3 easily. You also don't have to sharpen them as much.

Beautiful workmanship.

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Lou & Mike ! I have one blank which I have not yet even attempted turn . I'm glad now that I waited . Thanks for sharing the information ! [8D]
Originally posted by MHKogan

Lou,
Try carbide tipped tools and turn at around 3200rpm. That way you can take it down slowly and the carbide tipped chisels cut the M3 easily. You also don't have to sharpen them as much.

Beautiful workmanship.

Mike

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks Mark, Tony, Mike, Keith, and Jim.

John â€" if you spy “a little dust†you will be glad to know that you are looking at the cleanest place in my townhouse!

Joe â€" I have 10 of everything…if I can just find it when I need it!

John â€" The easyFlow 9000’s are great, but www.perfectpenco.com has some amazing prices on good quality refills. I’m testing those as well to see if it’s worth bringing the Schmidt’s in in bulk.

Hank â€" Thanks! This goes a lot faster than urushi!

Ed â€" Yes, the Baron or Sedona would have worked, but I distinctly remember pulling the tubes out of a Jr. Statesman kit. Of course, that doesn’t explain how I turned the sucker!

Mike K â€" I will have to look in to carbide edged tools if I am going to make many of these!

Again, thank you for all of this positive feedback.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks, again, Dale, James, Mike and William. I am attaching revised photos. As some of you know, I am color blind, so I do not always know if my pictures represent the true color. According to a neighbor, these photos are more representative.

200852816116__DSC0268001.jpg

2008528161127__DSC0269001.jpg

Texatdurango

Originally posted by DCBluesman

Thanks, again, Dale, James, Mike and William. I am attaching revised photos. As some of you know, I am color blind, so I do not always know if my pictures represent the true color. According to a neighbor, these photos are more representative.

200852816116__DSC0268001.jpg

Much better! The dust is so much easier to see now :D[:p]

Top Bottom