A Coat of Many Colors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from joefyffe

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
This is a new Berea Kit, Chrome. It's called "Atrax Ballpoint". It is wearing a Silmar 41 Polyresin "Coat of Many Colors", which was home cast. Comments and evaluations are requested and welcome. Thanks for Looking!

Attachments

• Coat of Many Colors.jpg
    Coat of Many Colors.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 466
  • Coat of Many Colors 2.jpg
    Coat of Many Colors 2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Coat of Many Colors? I thought it might be a Dolly Parton theme blank. Instead it looks more like a Hubble Telescope photo. Not saying that is bad at all, I just think your name for the blank needs to be re-evaluated. I really like the pour on this one, just not the name. :tongue:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks good Joe. Also looks like you've fine tuned your casting technique!! Make sure you bring this one with you to the meeting.

wizard

I'll take ten of the blanks.Just PM me with your PayPal info.:biggrin: Oh..nice pen by the way..all kidding aside... AN AWESOME PEN Joe!!! Doc:)

SDB777

Was this a four color pour?

Like the new name, matches it up with thedescription a LOT better.

BTW, nicely turned!

Scott (super swirly) B

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Blank

Scott: I wish I could answer that question. I haven't been casting log and have not yet become proficient with keeping recipes. I've scoured my shop, today, in hopes of maybe this being one I did write down. No such luck. I can say it isn't a four color pour as I haven't gotten that brave yet. I would guess a three color with backpainted blank and tube. I am not even certain what colors mica I used, just that I was going for a purple theme and got a little bit of that! This may have even been one of those nights where the wheat and rye did the mixing!:eek: Those seem to usually work out the best. Don't tell the missus that though!!:biggrin: Thanks for the kind words

Was this a four color pour?

Like the new name, matches it up with thedescription a LOT better.

BTW, nicely turned!

Scott (super swirly) B

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Sounds like some of my recipe's Joe:biggrin:. Most of the time I have to go out the next day and see what is on the bench next to my molds so I can figure out what colors I used.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That sure is purdy Joe. Pack a bag, and bring that stuff down here. And, that wheat stuff too.:biggrin: Nice pen pal! No pun intended.:biggrin:

Top Bottom