Coast Guard Racing Stripe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pioneerpens

Pioneerpens

I got a request for a custom pen with the Coast Guard racing stripe~ I haven't really done much segmenting but I figured I'd give it a go. He wanted all chrome and liked the Triton rb so I swapped out the gold accents on the cb and the cap. I cast the red and the blue since I didn't have them on hand, the white is snow white from Exotic Blanks. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out, but more importantly the customer was very happy with the result. Just thought I'd share....
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• CG2.jpg
    CG2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 335
  • CG1.jpg
    CG1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 317
  • CG3.jpg
    CG3.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 210
  • CG4.jpg
    CG4.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 265
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Beautiful job Jennifer!! The segments are clean and tight. Really like the color scheme..looks like the front end of a US Coast Guard cutter. Are those 45 degree angles? Thanks for sharing. Regards, Doc

wizard

Thanks Doc~ they are 64 degrees as requested by my customer :) He was very particular with what he wanted.

Jennifer,
I wondered...in 1967 the U.S. Coast Guard adopted the slant of the wider red bar forward of the narrower blue bar to be exactly 64 degrees above horizontal. You nailed it! What in the heck did you make the cuts with? Doc

Stevej72

Awesome pen! I served in the Coast Guard back in the late 70's and have wanted to make pen for myself for sometime just couldn't figure out how to do it, I think you got it perfect.

Top Bottom