Cloudy Toni

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BKelley

BKelley

This is one of Exotic's Glacier Lucite blanks on a Woodcraft Toni. Not completely satisfied and will try another tomorrow using a white tube.
I won't apoligize for the photo, only for the work on pen. Let me know what you think.

Ben

Attachments

• Toni in the Clouds.jpg
    Toni in the Clouds.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 458
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

I see nothing wrong with it. I think the lucite is pretty interesting. I'll be interested in seeing the next one!

JerrySambrook

Ben,
What you are seeing is a glue visibility issue. You are actually seeing the bond line between the blank and the tube
Try painting the inside of the blank instead.

Krylon fusion works great.

In fact, drill a size small, then sand up to size starting with 180 then 220 grit on the inside of the blank, and I think you will be happier with the results. Do not go too fine, as the paint needs some tooth to bite into.
If you are getting interior chipoout on the blank due to drilling issues, then you will see those defects as well.

A sharp drill, and a good pecking technique, along with the sand and paint of the inside of the blank will yield a great finished product

Last edited:

ToddMR

Nice pen indeed. The picture background and the pen go so nicely together. You could call that pen "The Sky Writer". I will be interested to see your next pen trying the suggestions given. Pretty cool.

Top Bottom