Closed Segmented Atrax

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alphageek

alphageek

Former Moderator
A followup to yesterday's pen. This one is walnut, maple and paduek. I'm very happy with the segmenting and managed to keep the paduek from bleeding do this one is a big win for me!

Attachments

• image-1933944657.png
    image-1933944657.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 331
  • image-1677142812.png
    image-1677142812.png
    839.1 KB · Views: 239
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Smooth clean lines and solid fit on the segments! Looks great...now I want to see more. more...MORE :devil:

:biggrin:

sumterdad

Looks good. I really like the Atrax kit. My wife said it had a postable lid it will be perfect.

Great looking pen. I do think this is the first Atrax closed end I have seen. Did you use a veneer? Maple? I think Paduak makes for a perfect segmenting wood as it has little grain but lots of reddish color.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Great looking pen. I do think this is the first Atrax closed end I have seen. Did you use a veneer? Maple? I think Paduak makes for a perfect segmenting wood as it has little grain but lots of reddish color.

Yes, the maple is a veneer. I've got tons of it as I picked up a pack of it cheap at a Rockler once. Wish I had a source for more of it cheap in other colors. I have some others, but they aren't cheap. I want to find veneer in walnut, paduek and something black wood someday. (or I will have to convince one of the guys in my club with a really good bandsaw to make some for me).

Top Bottom