Closed Ended Feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well, sort of feathers:rolleyes:
I have been getting loads of blow-ups with CA recently an now I'm a Epoxy convert junky:biggrin: Held everything together and the slow set allowed me to move the inserts around till they were all in. This has thin ali and even thinner brass slices inside my favourite colour PR

Attachments

• BlackAliBrass.jpg
    BlackAliBrass.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 361
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

WOW great looking pen. Love the look and I like the cap/clip. What kit did you use I like that clip. But your pen is awesome.

Bruce

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen a lot of pens posted since we opened the doors almost 5 years ago, and that has to be one of the most beautiful. What an incredible piece of work!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
You are one cool pen making dude. Up there with the best of yours. I think the blowouts are just a reminder that this stuff isn't easy and it takes a master craftsman to complete one such as this. Well done!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks for the nice comments:biggrin: Gee, even the Boss Man likes it!!!:eek:

Tim ( Penmanship ), provided your tool of choice ( I used a scraper on this one ) is kept sharp and you take very light cuts at Warp 9 speed it turns ok. You can get the black pr ( or any other colour ) from PR Princess, but you'll have to dig in a bin to get the metal for the inserts:tongue:

Bruce, the kit is called 'Chrome Top' from Axminster in the UK. Not a wonderful kit. Just a snap cap and chromed finish. But nice for long blanks.

Cheers:biggrin:

wood-of-1kind

Steven, how does an aluminum 'eagle' fly? Man, your pens are always airborne and above 'us' mere mortals. Great work, but oh umh, that's what we expect from you you.

Top Bottom