Closed Ended Amboyna Burl Navigator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's Amboyna Burl Wood on a Black Titanium Navigator Fountain Pen. The Amboyna Burl Wood had an orange color to it. I really liked the way it looked. Made it a single closed ended pen. Comments welcome and thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Closed Ended Amboyna Burl Navigator_2.jpg
    Closed Ended Amboyna Burl Navigator_2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 297
  • Closed Ended Amboyna Burl Navigator_1.jpg
    Closed Ended Amboyna Burl Navigator_1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Closed Ended Amboyna Burl Navigator.jpg
    Closed Ended Amboyna Burl Navigator.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

MMMmmm, I bet it smelled good while you were turning it huh?! Between that and Afzelia, Love the way they smell when you turn 'em.

LOL! Seamus, I have to wear a respirator when I turn so I don't really smell a whole lot. I would like to be able to notice the smell of woods but the wood dust doesn't do well with me particularly the Rosewoods...probably more information than you wanted to know:rolleyes:. Regards, Doc

PenPal

Doc,

Smells of Roses and class from here, blisteringly beautiful. You either have a king size collection or a huge list of customers either way I am an admirer of your industry and finish.

Regards Peter.

wizard

Thank you all for the kind comments!

Doc,

Smells of Roses and class from here, blisteringly beautiful. You either have a king size collection or a huge list of customers either way I am an admirer of your industry and finish.

Regards Peter.

Peter, Thank you for the compliment on the pen. Don't have customers yet but do have a jumbo king size collection of pens. I think I will take a picture soon and give you an idea of the extent of my "addiction" :rolleyes: to pen making.
Regards, Doc

philb

Looks amazing!

One question, how do you push the lower barrel together without damaging the finish? Wouldn't want a big white crushed area of CA after all that work!

PHIL

wizard

Looks amazing!

One question, how do you push the lower barrel together without damaging the finish? Wouldn't want a big white crushed area of CA after all that work!

PHIL

Phil, I use a rather thick microfiber cloth folded in half several times and placed between the end of the lower pen barrel and the teflon surface of the pen press. It provides sufficient cushioning. Between using both the cloth cushion and slow even pressure as the fitting goes in, I have not had a problem with the CA finish being damaged. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom