Closed-end super-burls (wood is good!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

These Jr. Gent II's are made with dyed and stabilized box elder burl (yes...more wood from the plastics guy), using Arizona Silhouette's new closed-end mandrel. Hope you like them.

11b.jpg

9da.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

AWESOME PENS!!!

Only now you're learning that wood is good? [:D][}:)]

Okay, I am only learnig now that acrylics are good too (so we are on the same boat) [B)]

YoYoSpin

Dan, I'm completely sold on it. The main feature is when the nuts are tightened, the mandrel expands uniformly, locking the blank in place, perfectly centered relative to the brass tube.

LanceD

I have that mandrel, I did not know it fit the VII of the Jr's...nice to know!!

Ed, they came out real nice. I should be receiving mine tomorrow.

Jim, if you have that mandrel you probably have the one for the Baron pens and it won't work for the Jr. Gents and Statesmens.

That particular mandrel for the Jr's just showed up on Arizona Silhouette's site just last week. [:)]

JimGo

Ed,
Those are REALLY sharp! Did you add the CB from a different kit, or am I just seeing a reflection in the colored portion of the CB?

Rifleman1776

Your pens are great. No doubt the mandrel works fine. The tutorial is helpful also. However, I have to wonder about the criticizm of the rolling pin style chuck as is made by Fangar. It says they frequently cause out of round turnings. I know you didn't writ that but I have to wonder if the statement is based on fact or is simply intended to injure a competitiors sales unfairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom