Closed End Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LanceD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceD

Rhodium with 22k gold Statesman in CSUSA's new Royal Flame Tru-Stone blank. This was one of the easiest tru stone blanks I've turned. Thanks for any and all comments and suggestions.

Lance

200682216633_100_0956.jpg

200682216710_100_0957.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nilsatcraft

Great work on this pen- I like the way you closed the end. It's not too long, not too short. I haven't tried the Royal Flame but the purple and gold are a good combination. Nice work!

alamocdc

That's some pretty stuff, Lance. I think I might like it better if the pink was white, but the purple looks cool!

And yes, I like purple. I can like purple. My next Harley will be purple![:0][;)]

emackrell

Nice, nice , nice! Great looking pen. Is the closed end of it flat or rounded? I can't quite tell fm the photo.

Great work!

cheers Eileen

LanceD

Originally posted by emackrell
<br />Nice, nice , nice! Great looking pen. Is the closed end of it flat or rounded? I can't quite tell fm the photo.

Great work!

cheers Eileen

Thanks for the compliments. Eileen, I rounded the end off just a little.

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Got a question about the photo: Did you have any problems? What kind of lighting did you use? I made a closed-end barom a few weeks ago out of this same trustone and had a HECK of a time with the color - it just would not come in properly! Finally got it right in post-processing by tuning some of the luminance channels... I think if you had had similar problems you would have mentioned it. So maybe it was the lighting I used which works for everything else. It just dawned on me that those compact fluorescents may be daylight balanced but are still a line spectrum...

LanceD

Richard, I didn't set up my light box and instead took the picture outside in daylight around 8:00 AM before the sun came up. I use Picasa photo editing and I did do a little adjusting on the brightness and contrast but that was all.

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
I still have the pen - I will try a daylight exposure. I had to do way more than a little tweak - I mucked around for several evenings. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom