Closed end Spalted maple on copper fountain pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is the first time turning spalted Maple and everything went great. I wish there was more spalting going on in the barrel but it is what it is. the spalted wood did not want to cooperate so I used some left over box elder burl which is also used on the CB The finish is 10 coats CA sanded and sanded again through all the pretty colored pads and finally polished with Novus.
Thanks for looking comments always welcome.

IMG_8124.JPG

IMG_8125.JPG

IMG_8126.JPG

IMG_8127.JPG

IMG_8128.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Love everything about it...except the final. Looks a little, uhm...you know...it's sticking up there :rolleyes: Thoughts...? :biggrin: I do like the accent band on the cap...Super Sweet!!!

Well Tim what had happened was..... On most JR Gents there is a small indentation where the final sets into but this is a Barron and they don't inset that piece. To make a short story shorter, I had already made 2 finals out of the spalted wood and they did not work so this was my third and I finished it and realized it did not have the inset so I put it on there and it is permanent = I was to lazy to do one with a shorter profile.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom